Counselling & Psychotherapy
Elsworth, Cambridgeshire, CB23
Evening and Daytime Spaces Available - online only currently. See my online therapy page for details.
Fee £55 per session for individuals, £65 per session for couples
Free initial online consultation
I'm an integrative counsellor and psychotherapist offering Therapy that's right for you. I provide a supportive, confidential environment for you to explore and work through issues you are facing.
There are a number of elements that integrative counselling and psychotherapy may include (see below). The ones we use will depend on what you want to work on and your preferences.
- Exploring how you're feeling, why you're feeling that way and how you can manage challenging feelings.
- Exploring how your past influences your present. What we see as children can lead us to make assumptions about the world that we sometimes aren't aware of. Knowing some of the reasons you feel the way you do can help you move forwards.
- Exploring what blocks you from doing the things that make you happy.
- Exploring current relationship dynamics and what you can do to make positive changes whether that be with your family, partner or friends.
- Working with past trauma in a safe, contained manner.
- Exercises and specific strategies for you to take away to deal with areas you want to address such as building confidence and self-esteem, decreasing anxiety etc.
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) based techniques. Exploring negative thought patterns and using strategies to identify and change them.
- EMDR, the NHS recommended treatment for PTSD
I also offer low cost counselling with Cambridgeshire Consultancy in Counselling http://www.cambridgeshirecounselling.org.uk/ (NB you would not necessarily see me as a counsellor through CCC).
For couples I offer relationship counselling providing a confidential space to work through relationship issues. This may be to build a stronger relationship, work through difficulties or to work with a relationship ending.
I am currently working towards EMDR Accreditation, please see my EMDR page for more information.
To book an initial private consultation Contact Me.
For more information please see my Terms and Conditions page.
You can check my BACP registration on the BACP register website and see my UKCP registration at https://www.psychotherapy.org.uk/therapist/kirstin-bicknell/